This competition is now closed.
Singles Day is all about celebrating your singledom by treating yourself. It's kind of like an anti-Valentine's Day.
When we think of Singles Day, and singledom in general, the mind naturally draws to awful dates. The times when you're out with someone, maybe at a bar or a restaurant, and everything goes terribly. It's in those times when you think: maybe I'll just stay single.
We want to celebrate Singles Day this year by hearing about your worst dates. We're looking for the funniest, cringiest, silliest date fails. We'll feature the best ones on our blog. If you don't have a bad date story but you know somebody who has, please tag them in our social media posts.
We will only use first names when publishing featured stories.
- Best story gets £100 in their Quidco Account
- All other featured stories get £10 in their Quidco Account
- You'll need to be a Quidco member to be featured and awarded the prize (not a member? Sign up here)
Terms and conditions
- Entry is open to residents of the UK except for employees (and their families) of Quidco and any other companies associated with the competition.
- Entries begin at 10am Saturday 2nd November.
- Entries must be received before 12pm Thursday 7th November. Entries made after this time will not be accepted.
- All entries must be made directly by the person entering the competition.
- First prize: £100 in the Quidco Account of the member with the best story (decided by Quidco staff).
- Runner-up prize: £10 in the Quidco Accounts of members with featured stories (picked by Quidco staff).
- The prizes are as stated, are not transferable to another individual.
- Prizes are subject to availability and the prize suppliers’ terms and conditions.
- The entrant(s) must be aged 18 or over. Proof of identity and age may be required.
- The promoters reserve the right to amend or alter the terms of competitions and reject entries from entrants not entering into the spirit of the competition.
- Reasonable efforts will be made to contact the winner(s). If the winner(s) cannot be contacted, or are unable to comply with these terms and conditions, the Promoter reserves the right to offer the prize to the next eligible entrant, or in the event that the promotion is being judged the Promoter reserves the right to offer the prize to the runner(s)-up selected by the same judges.
- Failure to respond and/or provide an address for delivery, or failure to meet the eligibility requirements may result in forfeiture of the prize.
- Where applicable, the decision of the judges is final based on the criteria set out in the promotion and no correspondence will be entered into over this decision.
- Competitions may be modified or withdrawn at any time.
- Quidco reserves the right to award an alternative prize of equal or greater value should the advertised prize become unavailable due to unforeseeable circumstances.